Bank Holiday Weekend

May 31st, 2011 amguar12

Hello,

I hope that everyone in the USA had a great Memorial Day Weekend, especially HC’s Class of 2011, who graduated this past Friday.  Over in England, we have had a bank holiday.  Yesterday (Monday) practically everything was closed, even the library for a good part of the day!  It was definitely not the most exciting of weekends for me, as the boys in my flat went home for a few days, making it pretty quiety and empty in flat 27.

On a positive note, the sun is peaking through for the first time in days!  While the commonly held stereotype of England is that it is always rainy, I have to disagree with this.  See, when it rains or is gloomy out, the weather will stay in that pattern for a few days in a row.  However, when it is sunny out, the weather can also stay that way for a few days, even up to a couple weeks! 

On another random note, I am studying for exams.  This really is the only thing I have to do this week.  I have 2 exams next week and then one on June 23rd.  Then, it’s all over.

So, although most of my blogs seem to have a theme, this one seems to be all over the place.  However, that is kind of a reflection of how I have been lately.  In many ways I am ready to go home – ready to see friends and family and return to Holy Cross and normal life for me.  But in many other ways, I really love Brighton and I absolutely love my flatmates, which are things that I obviously can’t bring back to America.  So, as I soak up my last days at Sussex, I am quite reflective – looking back on how myself and all my flatmates and neighbors here have changed over the year and wondering how the year is going to end.  Since people have exams at different times throughout the month of June, some are done earlier than others and then go home.  So it really makes you appreciate every moment with everyone all together, because you don’t know when the last one will be.