Week 7 Work and Play

February 24th, 2011 amguar12

Hello,

I’m sorry that not all of my blogs can be about fun and exciting travel adventures (although, stay tuned!), because in general daily life at Sussex revolves around lectures and seminars (my flatmates tease me for calling them ‘classes’, as they don’t generally say that here).  Anyways, week 7 is a notoriously busy work week in the term, with lots of deadlines.  This week I have just been crazy working on two essays, one for health psychology and one for philosophy, but I can thankfully say that they are finished now!

Of course, life is not all work and no play.  Last night, one of our neighbors, Kat, was in an actual play, the Greek tragedy Antigone, which was put on by the drama society at Sussex.  The acting was excellent, and it was so nice to have the majority of the neighbors from our block supporting Kat, and enjoying the night as well!

Additionally, on a somewhat frightening note, today marks 5 months from the time I boarded that plane at JFK and began my official abroad journey!  In some senses this seems like ages ago, but to consider the fact that I only have 4 months left at Sussex (well, only 2 and a half actually on campus, as we have a 6 week long spring break) is really scary!  Not gonna lie, the autumn term was full of adjustments and seemed to move quite slowly.  However, this spring term is completely flying by faster and faster each week!  I can only imagine what the summer term holds in store (well…I know there will be finals or final papers from 6 of the 8 classes I took this year, but let’s not think about that now!).

Alright, off to turn in my philosophy essay at the school office (there are no online submissions of work here, as you have to write out a cover sheet and scan your student card…a quite formal process to turn in work!).  Before I go, good luck to the Holy Cross Ballroom Dance team this weekend at the Holy Cross competition!  And for everyone else, enjoy your upcoming weekends and have a great day!  You deserve it!