Missing Holy Cross

February 4th, 2011 amguar12

Hey all,

So after reading the email yesterday that Father McFarland will be stepping down as HC’s president, I was quite sad.  Which is probably why today I am really missing Holy Cross.  Not in the sense that I necessarily want to be there right now – I have never once regretted this experience, am enjoying myself here, and certainly would not want to trade my mild European winter for blizzard-like conditions in Worcester.  But, it is not an easy thing to be away from the Hill for an entire academic year, and it is hard knowing that general life there is moving on without me. 

Anyways, I am defintely enjoying the spring term.  Since Sussex has about 5-6 weeks off in March and April (crazy!), I have been spending a lot of time planning some travel adventures for that time, which include coming home to America and exploring Europe with some good Holy Cross friends!   Additionally, I only have 8 hours of class per week (kind of like a typical day in high school I guess, or a regular working day).  Today I have prepped all morning for my philosophy of mind seminar this afternoon, and right now I am in the library (not as beautiful as Dinand of course, but still really nice!).  In a few I am off to have lunch at my favorite on-campus location, The Creperie!!  Although I have never tried one of their delicious-looking and sweet-smelling crepes, the galettes are amazing, generally filled with tomatoes, spinach, onions and lots of cheese!  OK, time for lunch!  Talk to you all soon!

One Response to “Missing Holy Cross”

1. Kelsey says:

You have a creperie!! You must try one soon!!!!