DC Visit

April 4th, 2011 amguar12

Hi again!

To continue from my last blog, which describes my recent visit to Holy Cross, this past weekend I visited Holy Cross friends who are spending a semester in Washington, DC!  What a fun weekend!  Arriving in DC on Thursday, it was great to see the really nice apartments where the HC kids are living in Arlington, VA.  Throughout the weekend we had many good times together.  We spent time soaking up famous cultural things such as monuments, the Smithsonian museums, and even the cherry blossom trees, which were in bloom!   Although it was a bit chilly weather for spring, I was so glad I visited my good friend Caroline and the others from HC!

In addition to meeting a lot of new people and having fun, I also got to see a side of Holy Cross life that does not take place at Holy Cross.  One thing that I absolutely love about this year is seeing the completely different lives that all of my friends are living.  It gives me more perspective on my own abroad experience.  While there have definitely been many ups and downs to this year, I would not trade the experience.  It is still not over, and I am curious to see how the year will end.  I also don’t think that the experience of my year abroad will end on June 24th, the final day.  I think that I have learned a new way of living this year, and by being exposed to new things and ideas, I definitely think it will have a lasting impact on my life and my final year at Holy Cross.  However, before I can contemplate the future or reflect more on the past, I first have some travelling to do in Europe!  Stay tuned for future blogs on my adventures!

Cherry blossoms in bloom!

One Response to “DC Visit”

1. Kelsey says:

So well written!! Next stop, Spain!!!