Oh Flat 27, I have missed you!

April 27th, 2011 amguar12

I seriously am on a blogging roll lately.  It is quite fun though, and I definitely think it’s a good idea to keep track of your experiences and preserve the memories.  So, currently it is a partly sunny Wednesday morning, the first day of my last term ever at Sussex Uni.  Of course, I have no class but all of my mates are gone at the moment at their lectures and seminars (they do not call them ‘classes’ as I do).  I am writing to you from my room, and although travelling and going home has been a very fun and exciting adventure, it feels so good to be back in the flat!  I flew into Heathrow on Monday and it was PACKED with travelers to London for the Royal Wedding.  I am curious to see how that all plays out on Friday.  It should be interesting.

Since I have been back, I have been busy working and spending so much time with my wonderful flat-mates, whom I have missed greatly!  I am worried a bit for this term because classes end in May, and then exams are in June.  In addition to having to review for all my exams (some being for classes taken in the Autumn term), I know that the time I will be together with all of my flat-mates is severely limited.  They are all leaving at various times to begin summer work or go on holiday, as not all of them have exams until the end of June.  I myself have a few travel plans lined up so I will be out of the flat a bit myself.  Basically, I don’t want to say goodbye to them, and I know that this term will really be over before it starts.

The only other exciting event I have to report on, other than spending lots of time chatting to the mates, is yesterday when I went grocery shopping with flat-mates Danielle and Jason.  We drove to Tesco, which I had never been to before, and the store must have had over 1000 British flags hanging all over the place.  It kind-of looked like supermarkets in America that decorate for 4th of July, only with way more flags.  They even had Royal Brittania, a very British song obviously, playing in there.  Additionally, many of the food items were advertised as being ‘royal’.  You could buy royal wedding champagne, royal wedding coffee mugs, and many other items with a picture of William and Kate on it.  I know my flat-mates were way more intrigued by the reduced price Easter aisle than anything else. 

OK, this was just a quick life update on my transition back to England.  Classes for me start tomorrow.  Due to the royal wedding, Friday is a bank holiday and so is Monday, which makes for a nice long weekend.  I have an exciting adventure up my sleeve so keep reading!

One Response to “Oh Flat 27, I have missed you!”

1. Kelsey says:

Sounds soo fun!!!