Royal Wedding!

April 29th, 2011 amguar12

Hello,

I am so excited and happy to be living in England during the Royal Wedding.  While I did not camp out in London to catch a glimpse of the royal couple, I had the luxury of waking up at a reasonable hour (8:30 AM) to watch the wedding in my pajamas.  We are fortunate to have a TV liscence in our flat, so therefore we have a TV in our living area near the kitchen.  We also have a second, large flat-screen TV in one of my other flatmate’s bedrooms but that does not get channels.

From 8:30 this morning until 1:30 in the afternoon, BBC 1 was broadcasting the event.  My flatmate Charlotte and I watched on and off as we did some homework.   However, from when Prince William arrived at Westminster Abbey to when he left the Abbey with his wife, our eyes were fixated on the screen.  We waited around for the balcony kiss before turning off the TV and continuing homework.  Danielle was also in the flat, so it was just us girls, a rare combination in the flat for sure!   Anyway, I think my highlight of the whole thing was when Kate’s dress was revealed – I absolutely loved that lace!

I am a big fan of weddings and was also glad that it didnt rain for the ceremony and processions.  It is rather humid in England today, and it is nice that we have the day off from classes as a Bank Holiday. 

That is all for now, my friends.  Hope that everyone who watched the wedding this morning enjoyed it!

One Response to “Royal Wedding!”

1. Kelsey says:

Must have been amazing!!